60% of adults suffer from foot problems, although…
98% of them are born with healthy feet*
*Extract from the foot report of the German Shoe Institute from 18 August 2010
We have set a new standard for foot health with the digital or analogue determination of the correct foot measurements using a foot scanner or foot measurement template. The production of five different widths per shoe size represents an optimum fit from an ergonomic perspective. Considering that work and safety shoes are worn for eight hours or more every day – and that for about 200 days a year – the exact fit of the shoes is even more important. Every day we are confronted with people who have problems with their feet and subsequently with their knees, hips, or the entire musculoskeletal system. In most cases, the main cause of these complaints is shoes that are too tight or too big for the wearer.
One of our central topics is therefore: Health on the job thanks to correctly fitting shoes.
TOE PROTECTION CAP
Fibreglass toe cap
The metal-free toe cap of the latest generation; anatomical shape; strength and lateral stability like a steel toe cap; no thermal conductivity (heat and cold); because of the ultra-light weight, the whole shoe is kept in “balance” during the walking movement (i.e. no top-heaviness of the shoe).
ERGONOMIC CONSTRUCTION KIT
With our ergonomic modular system, all individual parts of the shoe are ergonomically pre-shaped. This is possible only with our AGO technology. AGO-manufactured Rukapol® shoes speak for the high quality and skill of our workers. The insole, the soul of the shoe, is also anatomically shaped and forms the core of the shoe. This results in a perfect fit. Because of a good heel and joint guidance, the wearer achieves a stable, controlled gait pattern, which subsequently prevents twisting accidents.
MULTIPLE WIDTH SYSTEM
THE PERFORMANCE – THE MULTIPLE WIDTH SYSTEM – THE BASIS OF GOOD FOOTWEAR
We expect shoes to protect our feet in everyday life: from wetness and cold as well as injuries. Functionally specialised footwear is available for different requirements (e.g. safety shoes, football boots). Regardless of material and workmanship, the greatest mechanical and health damage to our feet is caused by shoes that:
• are too short, too long, too wide, or too narrow. This lack of accuracy of fit leads to damage to the forefoot, which can extend to damage to the entire musculoskeletal system (especially the knees and hips). If the shoes are too small and too narrow, this can lead to decompression of the forefoot. If the shoes are too wide and too long, there is usually a danger of falling and twisting.
• Do not conform to the natural shape of the feet. (i.e. they are too pointed, do not have an asymmetrical shape, are not proportionally distributed in the forefoot and rear of the foot, and do not ensure that the bending areas of the foot and shoe match).
IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF A LAST FOR A FITTING SHOE:
• Optimal guidance and position of the heel (the knee and spine are relieved).
• Slim joint (longitudinal arch) prevents the foot from buckling and offers more support in the shoe.
• Längere und asymmetrische Vorfußproportionen lassen die Groß- zehe frei arbeiten und verhindern eine Stauchung im Vorfuß.
• 4–5 last widths are a basic requirement to achieve optimum fitting accuracy.
BOA® Fit System
DIAL IN TO FAST, EFFORTLESS, PRECISION FIT.
AGILITY AND SPEED The BOA® Fit System enables faster, more powerful directional changes through a seamless connection between equipment and body.
POWER AND PRECISION Power without compromising precision, the BOA® Fit System delivers more explosive action and unparalleled accuracy.
ENDURANCE AND HEALTH Go further, faster, and stronger. The BOA® Fit System saves energy by improving circulation and efficiency.
DURABILITY AND QUALITY Engineered with high quality, durable materials, and rigorously field tested, the BOA® Fit System is guaranteed to perform in any environment.